Re: boot USB errors

Bob Hartung wrote:
Hi all,
I have a new FC6 install with all updates install with yum. When I installed, I had the computer hooked to a USB KBM switch but bypassed the keyboard (I thought I was having trouble with my USB keyboard) and used a PS/2 keyboard. Now I have plugged the USB
keyboard back in via the kvm switch and on boot I receive the following:

 usb 1-1.1: failed to resstore interface 0, altsetting 0 (error=-110)

I get hundreds of these and boot goes no further even with the PS/2 keyboard plugged back in.

I do have legacy USB support turned on.

Any ideas? So far this upgrade to FC6 has been a disaster! Upgrade failed - had to wipe hd and do a complete reinstall. The only saving grace is that I had /home/user backed up and I did not have anything
on the machine that I could not reconstitute.

TIA

Bob

Unless you need to access the BIOS via the USB keyboard, (or old DOS, win OS) legacy USB support is not needed. I had to disable USB legacy support or my built-in keyboard would not be recognized on a laptop.

Could you disable legacy support and see if you can get the computer to work properly?

Jim

--
Overdrawn?  But I still have checks left!