Re: rpmbuild and whitespace in path names

I wrote:
> Felix Schwarz wrote:
>> I think "/" is a forbidden character too, isn't it?
>
> Nope. It's a perfectly valid filename character AFAIK. Although, I'd recommend
> against using it, since even when escaped properly it can make the scripting
> a lot more confusing than it needs to be. (I usually use ampersands instead.)

Ack; My bad. According to Wikipedia [1] it is a reserved character in UNIX-like
systems' file names. Sorry for the confusion.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename#Comparison_of_file_name_limitations
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail