FC6 VPN

I've been attempting to set up a Linux VPN server for the past two weeks
but have had zero luck. I've been using Linux for nearly ten years now
with relative confidence. This issue, however, has fully eluded me. I
have tried everything I can find, from VPN isos to PoPToP, to OpenSWAN,
etc. Nothing. So I'm wondering - why hasn't someone in the Linux
community come up with a simple VPN solution? Why no iso image with a
fully-loaded VPN ready to roll? Am I missing something here?

What is the best solution for setting up a VPN with FC6? Anyone have any
advice/suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Jack Wallen