Re: Trying to find some software

John Bowden wrote:
On Sunday 17 December 2006 19:54, Thomas Cameron wrote:
John Bowden wrote:
Hi folks.
I'm trying to find two packages Plptools and Kpsion which will allow me
to connect my Psion S5 to my FC5 box. I have these repositories enabled
in in yum: core, extras, legacy, update, livna and livna updates. Doing a
search amongst those repositories does not find either of the packages.
If I do a search on rpmfind I get a choice of, other, suse,altlinux and
rh7. Which one would be the best / easiest to install on my fc5 box, or
does any one know where I can find fc5 specific versions of these files.
Is there any more repositories that I'm missing?
Why not grab the source at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=8797 and build a
new RPM for it?

Actually, I just looked and there is a spec file in the tarball.  You
should be able to build your own RPM issuing the command:

rpmbuild -ba plptools.spec

Once you've set up your rpmbuild directory structure, of course.  See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines for some good info
about building packages.

Thomas
I have dl the source and compiled plptools. will have a go later at turning it into an rpm. Just would just like to find Kpsion a nifty front end for it

Sorry, should have been more clear. If you run configure against the plptools source with the --enable-kde argument, Kpsion should get built. See:

http://plptools.sourceforge.net/kpsion/compiling.html

Thomas