Re: Just nailed my BIOS & Vista partition

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 11:29 +0900, Hadders wrote:
> Okay, so Grub clearly upset Vista by "switching"/"hiding" things.

The hide option modifies the partition tables on the drive - changing
the partition *type* from one that the system might read, to a hidden
type.  Perhaps your other OS didn't like the type?

I'm not sure of the value of hiding a partition.  It shouldn't be
necessary for booting from another drive.  You should just be able to
select the drive to boot from.  If you find some things insist that they
must be on drive 0 when they're on drive 1, there's the map option to
pretend they're plugged in the other way around.

map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)

(If I recall correctly...  Consult the grub info file to be sure.)