Re: Java problem

On 12/16/06, Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have gcj installed on my box as well as the official Sun Java SDK. I
can compile happily using javac, but when it comes to running, it looks
like libgcj is getting in the way.

Besides removing gcj, is there any way to get around this problem?
--
"Mmmmmmmm....Shakira geschmiert mit schokolade" sagt Homer

As Avi says, it would helpful to know how you installed the SDK. If
you installed by hand, i.e. you didn't use an RPM, then the problem
probably lies with the alternatives system. From the command line, do
  which java
  which javac
This should tell you that these commands run executables in /usr/bin. Then, do
  ls -l /usr/bin/java
  ls -l /usr/bin/javac
and see if they are linked to files in /etc/alternatives. If they are,
then do an ls -l and see what the /etc/alternatives files point to.

If this is indeed the issue then it is best to use the alternatives
program to adjust the links instead of doing it by hand.

Regards,
   Charlie