RE: screensaver that shows pictures without any effects

At 3:20 PM +1030 12/16/06, Tim wrote:
>Tim:
>>> I've been trawling through the different screen savers, but can't find
>>> something that works in the way that I want - to be able to step through
>>> a collection of pictures (order not really important), but simply change
>>> pictures without any special effects.  Anybody know what I can use?
>

>Alan J. Gagne:
>> Create a directory in your home dir (/home/xxx/Pictures).
>> Open screensaver preferences and select pictures.
>
>Already tried that, it runs through pictures with affects (slowly draws
>the next picture over the top of the last one).  So I removed the gnome
>screensavers and went back to the old X ones, trying to find one that
>just displays pictures *simply*.  Haven't found one yet.

I found stuff (untested)!  I googled for "xcreensaver slideshow" and found
a FAQ <http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html>.  Item 1 says to use an
external program such as chbg or xv (shareware), while "yum search
slideshow" brings up some possible programs (feh, gallery2?).  It also
shows how to configure xscreensaver to use such programs.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>