Re: Webcam with FC6

Thank you all for your suggestions for getting my webcam to work.
There are too many to quote here!

I have worked through them all, but no success. There were lots of
error messages. My kernel was i586, the kernel-devel was i686, and
the headers were i386.

Wondering if that was the problem, I did a fresh installation on my
spare hard drive, specifying 'linux 686' at the start of the install.
I now have i686 for both the kernel and the kernel-devel, but still
i386 for the headers.

I can't find any i686 headers to install, but I thought that they were
part of the devel package? If so, surely they should be i686?

I have worked through your suggestions again, but still nothing. There
is no /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6/build directory. Perhaps I
should update the kernel and see if that helps? At my low level of
expertise, I am reluctant to do it if it's not necessary!

Incidentally, on two other distros, both of which have the 'build'
directory, I have tried compiling the gspca tarball as suggested by
Ric. In both cases I had success and my web cam works.

That is the situation at the moment.

Cheers

Keith