Re: DG965RY motherboard - FC6 doesn't recognise DVD

David Scriven wrote:
I'm running a fully updated FC6 on a Core 2 Duo system that has a DG965RY
motherboard. The DVD writer (LG GSA-10N) is not recognized by the system.
i.e. there is no device allocated to it and dmesg shows no sign of it being
detected.

lspci -v shows:

03:00.0 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101 (rev b1) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
        Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101
        I/O ports at 1018 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 1024 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 1010 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 1020 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 1000 [size=16]
        Memory at 52100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

which apparently is known to have problems with FC6.

I tried the kernel option "all_generic_ide" but with no success
This is a dual boot system and everything works OK in Win XP.
Suggestions - or do I have to wait for an updated kernel?

use the command "all-generic-ide" note the hyphens not underscores. I also have the intel DG965RYCK motherboard and the CD rom is recognized. I have had limited success with burning cdroms however and I've been using a USB writer with great success.

Jeff