Re: sdtv reception

On Thursday 14 December 2006 11:38, Craig White wrote:
>On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 10:32 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 14 December 2006 09:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >Greetings;
>> >
>> >I helped put our digital tv transmitter on the air tuesday evening,
>> > but haven't yet rigged a bypass of the dish feed to my tv card, a
>> > pcHDTV-3000.
>> >
>> >What additional programs do I need to be able to watch this new
>> > channel just as easily as I currently watch the old NTSC channels?
>> >
>> >Preferably by just switching an option in tvtime.
>>
>> Now I have another problem. Antenna is now hooked up, tvtime now see's
>> the off-air ntsc signal just fine, but not the sdtv on the next
>> adjacent channel.  I shut it down and fired up kdetv, which promptly
>> crashed while in the initial configuration menu.  I let X kill it, but
>> it wasn't killed and I still have the thing running in an un-killable
>> state (I've tried a dozen or more times now) with several pages of
>> output for process #24973 according to an "lsof|grep kdetv".
>>
>> I can reboot as I was going to test 2.6.20-rc1's new ieee1394 stuff
>> today also. but whats the procedure for killing this without a reboot?
>
>----
>killall kdetv
>
>(assuming that the process is kdetv)
>
>or to be really effective...
>
>killall -9 kdetv

I didn't try that exact syntax, but tried to SIGKILL with htop, and kill
24973 and killall kdetv and killall 24973.  None of which worked.

>use signal 9 with caution but it would seem that in this case, it might
>be useful.

I'll try that again if I try kdetv again.  I did reboot to 2.6.20-rc1, and
kdetv worked but I didn't try to configure it further.

I did dbl-chk the tx, its on, and only 3 miles away with 200 watts average
power, so I really should be able to see it IF I can get the darned card
into some sort of an ATSC mode.  I have enough signal from ch5 that its
crossmodding on several other channels, as its 100KW ERP & the same 3
miles away.  But ch6, the digital, seems undetected.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)