fc6, hp8000, n-up printing problem

I've used system-config-printer to configure an HP8000 printer, and it works fine, until I try to do n-up printing.  Here's the
config for the hp8000.

 <DefaultPrinter techops01>
Info techops01
DeviceURI socket://171.132.177.205:9100
State Idle
StateTime 1166038198
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
Option number-up 2
Option landscape True
Option number-up-layout lrtb
Option prettyprint True
Option scaling 100
Option wrap True
Option sides one-sided
</Printer>

The 2 problems I run into is the odd number pages print to the right, the even number to the left, and the page to the left overlaps
and obscures part of the page to the right (this may go away once I've got the first issue straightened out).

I'm running the latest cups drivers, the latest system-config-printer, and have the latest hplip installed.  I'm open to suggestions
or have I found a bug?

Thanks.

Kevin