Re: how to force mozilla to run kmail for mailto links

On 13/12/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just did that, by right clicking on a blank area of the displayed screen
after putting "network.proto" in the 'filters' line to narrow the display
choices.

>From the right click, choose add.  Its a 2 step process in that you enter
the 'network.protocol-handler.app.mailto' w/o the quotes first, and then
it will open another identical window to enter the 'kmail' into.

And I'd have to assume that the remove works.  I wasn't smart enough to do
the right click the last time and had to hunt the file down and nuke the
offending line with vim.  Then I was able to re-compose it correctly, at
which point at least 90% of the firefox segfault exits I was getting went
away.  Not all mind you, but most.

I've been gone a week, so I'm still not caught up on my email reading...

I'm pretty sure (I'm not home now to check) that it's about:config ->
right click -> Add New -> string. Then the name of the string is
'network.protocol-handler.app.mailto' (without the quotes) and it's
value is kmail.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/drm.html