Re: HELP - FC6 looks really bad (sometimes)

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 15:38 -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> My main complaint is that the fonts aren't anti-aliased, and they're
> multi-colored.

But that is how it's anti-aliased:  Using the adjacent pixels to smooth
the edges, and those adjacent pixels are not white.

Sounds more like the system is operating in a lower resolution than it
ought to be, making the flaws in that technique much more obvious.

I've been driven made by FC6 changing screen modes on me,
inappropriately, over the last few days.  In the end, following someone
else's hint (which seems wrong) did the trick - I commented out the DPMS
option in the xorg.conf file.  After that, the settings that I picked
remained in place.

I read messages from the public lists.