Re: WebCam System.

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:09:19 -0500
"Ferguson, Michael" <ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> G'Day List,
>
> Someone just inquired of me on how to have a number of WebCams for security around their house recording and possibly available for very very secure internet access. They have a very high end residence already with a wired LAN DSL etc, etc.

Not really a webcam, although the high end Axis ones might do the
job. Those are remote internet controllable and while they run Linux
internally as I understand it don't plug into anything but a LAN.

Other high end camera stuff is usually ethernet or traditional composite
vide cable. Lots of the cameras around but pricy for night vision at any
good resolution. You can even get bulletproof housings.