Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 99

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 10:30 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I downloaded an update of phpMyAdmin (2.9.1-rc2), deleted the old
> version completely and tried again, following the instructions.
> The config folder and the config.inc.php in it are owned by
> nobody:nobody. and scripts/setup.php cannot save....
>
> The same config works just fine in the top directory level. The
> problem here is why cannot the setup script save properly?

I'm not a PHP person, but I could hazard a guess at a few things:

Have you looked into SELinux issues with this (PHP and Apache)?

And I would have thought that "nobody" had really limited abilities on
the box, perhaps that user isn't allowed to write.

Sorry if those things have already been mentioned, but your digest reply
has destroyed threading.  I don't know what else has been discussed.

I read messages from the public lists.