Re: FC5->FC6 upgrade broke my sound

Robin Laing wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 15:10 -0500, Don Levey wrote:

While I know other similar issues have been discussed recently, I've not
found in them a solution to my problem.  I've got through over 40,000
messages in the past day or so, so I hope I didn't miss anything...

Sound on my AC97 was working just fine through FC5.  When upgrading to
FC6, though, I get nothing.  It *thinks* it is playing: the equalizer
visualisation in Amarok shows it is playing sound,
system-config-soundcard finds my card, but I can't hear anything.

I know that the hardware itself works; booting off of a kubuntu LiveCD
gives me sound.  I know enough to know that I don't know enough; here is
a link to output from:
	lsmod | grep snd
	lspci
	dmesg
as well as my modprobe.conf file.  Where else should I look?
http://www.the-leveys.us:6080/problems/sound/

 -Don Levey

Also look for external amplifier to see if changing that makes a
difference.  It was necessary to turn this on for my laptop.

When I experienced the same problem with my Audigy2, it was the fact that alasmixer had muted it.
Fired up alsamixer and play with the levels while you're playing something.  "M" toggles Mute, up/down arrow for levels
If that works save the settings with "alsactl store"

Hope that helps. Hadders