Re: Beware - NetworkManager

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:42:16 -0500
From: Gene Poole <Gene.Poole@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Beware - NetworkManager
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Beware - It seems that the first time you use NetworkManager it destroys
the contents of you resolv.conf (built at install time).  It also seems
that it doesn't make a backup copy first.

Well that does not seem to be the case here. The resolv.conf created by NetworkManager (and labelled as such) on my laptop contains the same DNS nameserver entries as the desktop, PLUS a third entry which only exists on my router. So NetworkManager got it from there...

Geoff