Re: tvtime does not work

--- Erik Grootjans <grootjan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a TV card from KNC-ONE (www.knc1.com)
> The producer calls it an analog TV cart with Bt878
>
> Thats all the information on the product.
> On the website are drivers
>
> Erik

The drivers should be present on the fedora kernel
that you are running.  You need to do the following to
try and get your tvcard working

# lsmod

look for bt878 module, and then run dmesg

# dmesg

look for relevant information pertaining to your card.
 Try to find the messages rant and bt878 card= no from
the list provided.  As you test the cards out, or you
know which is the relevant one, do the following

# rmmod bt878
# modprobe bt878 card=X where X represents the number
that matches your card.  IF you run dmesg again, and
see that there are no error messages try tvtime again
and make sure to configure it.  The tvtime homepage
was instrumental in setting up a saa7134 card that one
of my PC's has.

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/

click on help/faq and you should be on your way to
making tvtime work.

If it is of any help I'll send you all the commands
that make my SABRENT TV/FM card work with Fedora Core
6.  I had a hard time with it before, but I set it up
with no problems using the guides on TVTime help/faq
pages.

Regards,

Antonio