recent wine crashes fc6 sessions

I use wine to run a simple DOS program (sreccvt.exe) that converts a
file from one format to another.  (Its more complicated than that, but
I'll leave it at that.)  I've been using this combination for a couple
years now without any problems.

I recently went to use it and found that it crashes my fc6 session cold.
I don't get any output from the crash and I can't find anyway to get it
either.

For example, running "wine sreccvt.exe" will kick me out of my current
session, back to the graphical login screen !

I have the latest available wine installed, via "yum install wine*"

rpm -q wine
wine-0.9.25-1.fc6

I uninstalled wine via "yum remove wine*" and reinstalled just to be
sure.  I also installed wine-0.9.14...  with the same result.

One can find a copy of sreccvt.exe here:
http://www.ece.utep.edu/courses/web3376/programs/programs.html

I just noticed that running winecfg crashes my session too.

uname -a

Linux zd7280 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6PAE #1 SMP Fri Nov 10 13:27:10 EST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.