Re: Stuff appearing across my terminal screens..

Ted Gervais wrote:
> I just noticed that while I was working in a terminal screen (F1), not
> in the GUI that I got a bunch of stuff slowing popping up across my
> screen. And at the time I had nothing working or running in the GUI
> setup. Here is what I saw.  Wondering what it meant??

They look like system console messages. They should be handled by
syslogd/klogd, not displayed on the console. Double check that
syslog is running. (service syslog status)If it is running, you may
want to take a look at /etc/syslog.conf - you should only have one
line that just has * in the right column.

# Everybody gets emergency messages
*.emerg                                                     *

Mikkel