Re: tuxtype2 doesn't launch -Solved, Finally! hooray

Ed Landaveri wrote:
Again many, many thanks to Andy, Brian, Teica and Theo. Sorry I couldn't keep on working on this before but I was very busy and my little customers were playing GCompris. Finally I resolved the tuxtype not starting problem --Segmentation Fault. Teica told me to check glx which was installed and enabled. So I got a hunch on my xorg.conf which I had reconfigured to what it was on FC5 The monitor is as LCD Generic, so I modified the driver from r128 which is the right one to 'radeon'. I rebooted and it didn't go to X but to system-config-display and I left the default monitor detected, CMXYZ, left the right driver r128 and started with 800x600. My daughter logged in and * started tuxtype2 -d &, and It worked she loved it. After 15 minutes I went back to the 1024x768 and still is working. My little one though strugling with her tiny fingers but happy to learn. Definetly she's a Linux girl. Here is my xorg.conf:

Ed,
I had problems trying to launch tuxtype2 before and just tried launching the program and it successfully launched. I don't know if it is the configuration or the program maintainer straightened out the problems with the program. I made no changes to the configuration for X or any other system changes. Anyway, the little fingers all over the world will be happy with the program working again.

Jim

--
Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.