Re: FC6, CD-Roms, can't mount

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 02:48 +0100, Tomas Larsson wrote:
I finally got it mounted manually.
But why, on my FC4 server the cd is automounted, why does it not work under
FC6

In FC4 you had lines in fstab like:
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

The managed meant automatic mounting. FC5 and FC6 developers had what
they thought was a different but "not necessarily better" idea. Fedora
is supposed to be a testbed so different ideas get tried. No lines about
cdroms in /etc/fstab. So the mounting behavior is different.
A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart that looks at her watch.
-- James Beard

So what's the resolution on this CD/DVD mounting issue. I hope it's not a manual mount of the device. Haven't we gone beyond that yet? Am I missing something?

Loving Fedora...

Doug P