Re: What happened to yum? Nought. mirrorlist is go!

Jim Cornette wrote:
Jeffrey Ross wrote:
I see the same behavior.

Yum's Achilles Heel - if the main server is down, there's no way to
get a mirror.

Actually, you can specify baseurl in your repo file, but I imagine the
server will be up again soon...

Chris

PS - in the time it took to write this, the error message has
'evolved'....
yeah so I see, its evolved nicely... I guess a few more minutes it'll
probably change again.

Jeff

The infrastructure team is working on the resolution.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-December/msg00082.html
In any case, I consider it useful to insert into the yum repo configs an entry for at least my nearest decent mirror, as a baseurl. Along with this set the failovermethod=priority in /etc/yum.conf so that your baseurl will always be tried before getting the mirrorlist and it's urls.

Especially good when your own ISP mirrors the fedora site, and doesn't count downloads from their mirror against your account, or when something untoward happens with the fedora mirror site/script.

Anyway, mirrorlist seems good now, at least for {from .au}
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-6&arch=i386

DaveT.