Re: Automatically Having Atheros- Based Card to Auto-Configure

Adam Hough wrote:
I have an T41p with an Atheros chipset also.  I using wpa_supplicant
instead of NetworkManager to control my wireless network selection. I
have wpa_supplicant start automatically and then in rc.local I have a
script that run dhclient for me to get an ip address.  I have found that
networkmanager has a hard time connecting to a week signal.  It also
takes longer to reconnect the wpa_suplicant also.  I say that because at
work I will have a usable connection with just wpa_suplicant but not
with NetworkManager because of a firmware bug between the intel and
athreos chipsets with our cisco based wireless network.