Re: *ALMOST* longing for Windows stability

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 10:10, Ian Malone wrote:
On 06/12/06, Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lonni J Friedman wrote:
It sounds like X is hanging/crashing.  Can you boot to runlevel 3
successfully/reliably?  if so, then you should do so, start X
manually, and grab the X log to review.
I really hate to show ignorance, but it's never stopped me before.
From the grub screen, how do I get it to boot to runlevel 3? I'm more
than willing to get information to help people help me.
Press e to edit the selected boot commands and add '3' to the
end of the line that boots the kernel. Not entirely sure where
this is documented, but a useful piece of knowledge (especially
if you've forgotten the root password for a machine).

And this is not good info either, for passwd fubars, one must use runlevel 1 to repair them.

And you get to run level 1 by...

--
imalone