Re: Why doesn't Fedora include gksudo/gksu as a package

William Case wrote:
> Trying to get zenity to work as a substitute for gksudo.  It won't
> when launched from a desktop launcher or nautilus script. (For
> details either see an earlier post from me, or ask and I will
> re-post the details)

I thought I saw a thread on the gnome users list about this last week
and it seemed like you got things working.  What is broken about using
zenity (other than being an extra several steps above just using gksu
if it were available)?

I do see that gksu/gksudo is on the Extras wishlist[1].  So all you
have to do is find someone that wants to package it and maintain it.
Care to give that a try?  I don't use either so I wouldn't want to
maintain them, but I'd be more than happy to try to help you get them
packaged if you want to submit them to Extras.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList

I'm a swingin' guy.  Throw a belt over the shower curtain rod and
swing.
    -- Faith No More, RV