From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Cornette
Sent: 07 December 2006 11:39
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: /bin/sh: ro: No such file or directory Kernel panic - not
syncing; Attempted to kill init

Filip Tsachev wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Unfortunately I have a big problem with FC6 as you can see in the
topic...
> It's 100% reproducible at my box. What I've done was - install FC6,
> then I installed with yum kmod-nvidia - which required newer kernel
> package as well. Reboot. Then I receive this *very* fatal error. I
can't
> boot even with the older kernel. I find it strange.. how can this
> happed... I googled all over the web without feeling lucky. Any idea
or
> suggestion would be really appreciated.
>
> Screenshot: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4736/image018pu4.jpg
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Filip

Since /bin/sh is part of bash and should be available if your / volume
is mounted, it appears that your / system is not being mounted.

Have you tried to boot into rescue mode with the first install medium
disc for Fedora?

Not much help  I know.
Jim

--
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
		-- Herbert Hoover

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and confidential use
of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received  this communication in error, please notify Brendata immediately on:

+44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Brendata (UK) Ltd
Nevendon Hall, Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex. SS13 1BX  UK
Registered Office as above. Registered in England No. 2764339

See our current vacancies at www.brendata.co.uk