Re: No bios password - no spare partition - Howto install FC6?

Quoting Alastair McKinley <amckinley03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi everyone,

I am currently running FC4 on my T43 laptop.  I really want to upgrade
to FC6, however I have a couple of problems.  Firstly, I dont have the
Bios password to boot a CD, my sysadmin has it, and if I want him to
do it I will have to wait some considerable time, and I want to
install it myself anyway!

the system usually gives you a possibility to chose a boot device if you press
the right key. look for the "Press DELETE to enter setup/BIOS" or somethig
similar output. alongside you could find sth like "Press F10 to choose boot
device".
again, this isn't the exact outpu you might get it is only an aproximation of
what to look for!

--
mm