unable to have X display with ltsp

Bonjour,

I try to configure a TC with ltsp but there are a lot of problems:

Where are we supposed to put the XF86Config files for a TC? I installed ltsp from my distro (Fedora 4) and I can read in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf.readme:

<cite>
#That is, if ws004 has an IP address of 192.168.0.4 and a MAC
# address of 00:50:56:59:7F:81, it can be specified by any of the #following:
#
#    [ws004]
#    [192.168.0.4]
#    [00:50:56:59:7F:81]
</cite>

Only IP number is working...

<cite from same file>
#  XF86CONFIG_FILE
# If you want to create your own complete XF86Config file, you can #do so # and place it in the /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc directory. Then, #whatever
#     you decide to call it needs to be entered as a value for this
#     configuration variable.  For example:
#
#        XF86CONFIG_FILE = XF86Config.ws004
</cite>

This gives a message at boot: "XF86Config.ws004  not found"

I tried many solutions with symlinks which did not work.... At last I copied both files "lts.conf" and "XF86Config.ws004" in /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc and /opt/ltsp/i386/etc directories and the message disapeared.... BUT I am not able to have anything working because I cannot find the proper XF86Config for my FC! (neoware e140).

It is impossible to have a correct log file: if (by chance) the screen does not turn to standby before you can read anything about the errors found in the XF86Config file, the message on the console tells you to look at some log files you cannot read because they are located on the TC and you cannot access to them locally (no key gives you access to the local tree) nor remotely: the only open port being 6000!!!! telnet, ssh etc. are forbidden....

So, what can I do?

One more question: at the early beginning of boot time, I have this message:

in.tftpd[5265]: tftp: client does not accept options

A google search gives no answer: this question has been asked several times but it seems that nobody knows the answer!

Thanks for any help.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique