Re: kernel panic on dell poweredge 1500sc

Yes, I did an install with noprobe as an option and did not load the
serveraid driver and before I rebooted into the new install I added that
driver to the blacklist.  I do not need the raid card atm since not
using in raid on the machine.

Also not sure but I am guessing that the Dell adaptec scsi controller is
similar ibm serveraid 8 series cards that are adaptec.  I was never able
to get the serveraid 8i in one machine to work with FC5 as it would
kernel panic.  I believe that the FC5 is missing some kernel patches (or
at least at the time I did the install it did) for it to work with the
latest adaptec chipset.  Though after FC5 x86_64 and i386, I install
Redhat 4as x86_64 on to the machine which was an IBM support OS.  IBM is
currently working with adaptec on that very same machine figure out a
bug in the firmware / hardware of that card.  The bug is something that
would cause drives in a raid array to randomly jump out of the array and
be marked bad or in some cause the raid card would completely forget
about the drive.  The drives where all good also except for one one
time.

--
Adam Hough
High Performance Computing