Re: how to change kernel Timer frequency

ram wrote:

Hi all
iam using FC5 I have question here is how to check kernel Timer frequency in running PC how can i can i change this kernel Timer frequency with out compiling the kernel on fly any suggestions Ram

If you could find the .config file that was used to build the
kernel, then it is in there.   On an FC4 machine, I found it
in
  /usr/src/kernels/2.6.17-1.2142_FC4-smp-i686
Assuming that you are using a terminal window change to
that directory with
  cd /usr/src/kernels/2.6.17-1.2142_FC4-smp-i686
and list the directory with
  ls -a
(Note that you need "-a" to show filenames starting with ".")
If you see a ".config" file, then use grep as in
  grep HZ .config
I see the lines

# CONFIG_HZ_100 is not set
CONFIG_HZ_250=y
# CONFIG_HZ_1000 is not set
CONFIG_HZ=250

which obviously means that the clock is running at 250 Hz.

I would be most interested in whether there is a way to directly
obtain this number from a running kernel, because there is always
some uncertainity about whether the ".config" you are looking at
was actually used to build the running kernel.