Re: geda update problem

On Saturday 02 December 2006 19:53, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Tryng to update geda on my FC5 lappy tonight, and it fails repeatedly
>> with:
>>
>> Missing dependency: libgeda.so.26 is needed by package geda-gsymcheck
>>
>> And I've not found that although I do have libgeda also checked to be
>> updated. Ditto for the -devel and docs packages.
>>
>> So it looks as if its a genuine dependency problem.  Whats next?
>
>Gene,
>	Where did you get the geda-symcheck package installed on your system?
>It has a hard-coded dependency on libgeda.so.26, which you are obviously
>trying to update....

Old message, so I've lost the context.  FWIW, there are similar problems
trying to install the geda suite on this FC6 box also.  IIRC that I tried
to update it on the FC5 box, first all of it, then one at a time, and
regardless of which I chose to update, this missing dependency struck and
prevented the update.  I even nuked the existing install, and then it
wouldn't let me put it back in.  So I'm pretty sure its not even on the
lappy anymore.

The packages I was trying to install here, and to update on the lappy are
in the fedora core (n) extras repo.  And tonight, the kit from extras did
install on this FC6 box, so let's run some of it. Humm, gschem ran just
fine, so maybe it will work this time, and its an FC5 problem only now.
The lappy is packed away and its after the witching hour here so I won't
check tonight.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)