Unable To Boot From DVD disk

Hello,

I found an old Fedora Core 3 DVD disk laying around and I decided to see if it could boot fromit on my IBM ThinkPad T-30. To my surprise, I was able to boot from this disk. I have an NEC 8-X DVD +R/RW Dual-Layer Burner which I bought a few days ago. I have burned several Fedora Core 6 DVD iso images to disk but I am not able to boot from any of these disks. I am more than sure that it is not the bios setup of my computer because I have set it to boot from the CD-ROM setting. The only thing left that I can think of is that it may have something to do with the media. I am using DVD +R media, 16x. I also notice that the Fedora Core 3 DVD disk is not purple on its burn side (it is clear) whereas the DVD disks that I burned the images to are purple. Is the reason why they may not be bootable? Has anyone else had this problem. I don't believe its because of the hardware (even though the laptop itself is almost four years old). Has anyone been able to successfully burn bootable Fedora Core 6 iso images to DVD disks? May it have something to do with the boot loader? Any help is appreciated.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103