Re: Unable To Boot From a Fedora Core 6 DVD Disk

Chong Yu Meng wrote:
I have been using a FC6 DVD to install on my Asus laptop, and there were
no problems. Can you verify that you have in fact changed the
configuration in your BIOS to boot first from your DVD drive? If you
have a Windows XP/2000/9x CD lying around, you could insert it into the
drive and try and see if your system boots from that.

One thing: the model of Thinkpad that you are using is pretty old, is it
not? The DVD drive that you bought -- does it plug into the USB port or
is it one of those slim versions that you could swap with the Thinkpad's
internal CDROM drive ?

Regards.

Hello,

     It is one of the slim versions that I can swap out into the internal CDROM drive.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103