Re: Upgrade to FC6 question.

Terry Snyder wrote:
I just did an upgrade for FC6 from FC5 and I noticed that it installed
the kernel and not the kernel-smp for the current kernel.  I have an
Intel Core Duo processor and in FC5 I was using the smp kernel.  I
looked at the package manager and didn't see any smp kernels or kernel
modules for the i686 kernels.  Does the new kernel handle the smp
features or where can I get the smp kernel and all of the modules for
it?

Thanks in advance.

You are right that the new kernel is compiled to have smp enabled. It does not carry the smp tag but should by equivalent to the tagged versions from the past.

Jim

--
There will always be beer cans rolling on the floor of your car when
the boss asks for a lift home from the office.