Re: Overcoming the 2GB limit in writing a dvd iso to disk

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know how to overcome the 2gb limit in writing a dvd iso image to a dvd-r disk. I am currently using Fedora Core 6 and I just bought a dvd burner. What I am finding out is that there is nothing wrong with the k3b software I am using, but that there is a file size limit of 2gb in trying to burn the software. How do I overcome this? I have never run into a problem like this before in buring iso images and I would certainly appreciate any help available.

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=whatever.iso

ISO image can be up to 4.7GB single layer, 8.5GB DL. Less whatever overhead, of course.

If you are burning on Windows I can't help you.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  Obscure bug of 2004: BASH BUFFER OVERFLOW - if bash is being run by a