Problems installing from DVD?

I have a new system which I'm using for testing, and installing repeatedly. The first install worked, subsequent installs haven't worked properly after the install was complete. I'm testing some xen stuff, and it seems to leave the files in an undefined state.

After much testing, verifying sha256sum, and a BIOS upgrade, I remembered hearing that there was a problem installing from DVD but not CDs, but that may be folklore or FC5 "old news." In any case the first install was from CD and worked until the next install, the DVD installs all complete and run anything but xen in hvm mode for days, but botch when running xen. Whatever happens leaves the machine unbootable from disk until reinstall.

Coincidence, or is there really some difference and problem with the DVD install?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  Obscure bug of 2004: BASH BUFFER OVERFLOW - if bash is being run by a