Re: Mom! K3b and yum are not sharing their toys again!!

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 03:29 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 07:40 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> > Ric Moore wrote:
> > > OK, figuring something had to be missing I rpm -e k3b as there was no
> > > k3b-devl installed and yum kept bitchin about it..
> >
> > rpm -e k3b-devel
> >
> > then try again will probably help -- you only need it if you are
> > compiling something to work with k3b.
>
> Well, trouble-shooting with a shotgun again, trying to find that
> K3bSetup program, which I had hoped resided in k3b-devel. So, I did
> that. erased the K3b package completely, begged, pleaded, and kiss yum's
> butt to install kK3b* to give me everything it had... show me what
> you're workin' with time.
>
> K3b-devel is there, it just doesn't like something about the K3b package
> and refuses to install, so yum pouts about it and shuts down having done
> nothing at all. I did a google and others are also looking for the
> package that the K3b error message says will fix everything. This was
> one of my rants with FC5. On install, everything is /dev/sda for my DvD
> and /dev/sdb for a 200 gig HD. NOW it's magically /dev/hda and /dev/hdb
> although /dev/hda1 is supposed to be the boot partition. <bangs head on
> keyboard> Xine does the same thing. Burps an error message, Can't find
> Medium or something to that effect, but when I click on "DvD" it plays
> the movie.
>
> As David Byrne of the Talking Heads would wail, "How did I get here?"
> <chorus: "...water flowing under ground." "Into the pool again!" Which I
> believe is a reference to re-incarnation and finding yourself right on
> your back again in the dung heap. <--- I cleaned that up for Polite
> Society.
>
> So, can relate to that, same ole same ole. Shoot me and I'll just be
> back again, still bitching about /dev/sda like I had good sense, and
> marrying the last three all over again. <sigh> I need some BBQ brisket.
> Comfort food. Ric
----
how was the bbq brisket?

what repositories do you have configured? I don't see a k3b-devel
package in core/extras/livna

# yum search k3b-devel
Setting up repositories
No Matches found

but I am using FC-6 and I might be wrong in assuming that you are too.

Craig