rsync problem on FC5

I've got a system I upgraded FC2 => FC5 recently and I'm seeing some
strange problems. On this box I have /etc symlinked to /bak/etc.bak so I
can backup just one directory (/bak) to my backup server using rsnapshot.

My problem is, in order to backup /etc from the symlink I need to use
the --copy-dirlinks option in rsync.  It works fine on other FC5 boxes,
but not this one, here is the error I get:

> /usr/bin/rsync -av --delete --numeric-ids --relative --delete-excluded \
>     --copy-dirlinks --stats --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh \
>     rsnapshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/bak \
>     /archive/.testsnapshots/hourly.0/noc6/
> rsync: on remote machine: -vlkogDtprR: unknown option
> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1084)
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463) [receiver=2.6.8]

 yet when I run this _without_ the copy-dirlinks parameter, it doesn't
give me an error (although it doesn't backup the /etc directory either.

I use rsnapshot to backup several ohter FC5 boxes and don't see this
error.  Any thoughts what I might need to look at?

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator