Re: parted update asks for libparted-1.7.so.1 dependency -- not available ??

William Case wrote:
Hi;

Pup announces two updates are available: parted & pyparted, but that the
libparted-1.7.so.1 dependency is missing. Yum can't find a
libparted-1.7.so.1 dependency. Now what?

I have no problems now but did have some strange entries with multiple versions of rpms caused by a bad transaction run. There is a possibility that the old database entry in rpm is still present for some version of parted that is installed on your system.
What version(s) of parted does your system show installed?

I have the below information regarding parted.

 locate libparted
/usr/lib/libparted-1.8.so.0
/usr/lib/libparted-1.8.so.0.0.0
[prompt]$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libparted-1.8.so.0
parted-1.8.0-1.fc6

Jim

--
Historians have now definitely established that Juan Cabrillo, discoverer of California, was not looking for Kansas, thus setting a precedent that continues to this day.
		-- Wayne Shannon