Re: installing kernel.org kernels

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:32:44PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

 > >yum install ccache should dtrt.
 > >
 > Mmm, reading the manpage isn't very concise about how to use it. I don't
 > have a (G)CC env var set, but it looks like that method could be used
 > (something like "CC=ccache; export CC" maybe) , so I have to ask can it,
 > so my scripts, which do all this with a "make bzImage" or "make modules"
 > commands apparently wouldn't need any changes?

after installing it, 'which cc' should point to ccache automatically
rather than gcc, so you shouldn't have to do anything different than
your usual build process.  After building once, ccache -s should
show some stats for the stuff in cache. A subsequent make should
result in the 'cache hit' number being higher.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk