Re: Rpm download

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 15:26, Anthony J Placilla wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> The browsers all come configured for winderz syntaxes for some reason,
>>> and that think an .rpm is a realplayer file of some sort.  The cure is
>>> to right click on the url and chose the 'save as' option.  Or find and
>>> fix the file associations which I haven't yet.
>>>
>>> Frankly, that really should be bugzilla'd, its a PITA.  But I'm too
>>> lazy.

>> /etc/mime.types?
>>
> [root@coyote linux-2.6.19]# grep .rpm /etc/mime.types
> application/x-rpm               rpm
> #audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin    rpm
>
> but I think this ones in the browsers own prefs someplace I haven't found.
>
> If this is the proper place to fix it, what should that be edited to be?

which has got me puzzled because about:config in FF shows
helpers.global_mime_types_file uses /etc/mime.types

how about
browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT, GSEC
anthony_placilla@xxxxxxxx

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64