Re: internet access via proxy server

I am trying to add software and/or update, but machine cannot reach internet. I know about the proxy for the browser, but setting it still does not help even the web browser. I cannot even ping my desktop machine from the server machine, but I can ping the server from the desktop and I can use NX an/or SSH from the desktop to the server machine. The other machines in the office can also access the samba shares on the server with windows.

Art

On 11/30/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:13 +0800, Art Fore wrote:
> Have tried to setup access to the internet via a proxy (windows
> network)  with no success using the KDE & Gnome proxy setup. Does
> anyone have suggestions on how to get this to work?

What sort of internet access?  If it's web browsers, you might have to
set up proxy addresses in them, individually.

I read messages from the public lists.