Re: looking for way to verify whether a CD/DVD was correctly burned

On 11/29/06, alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Paul Smith wrote:

> Is there some way to verify whether a CD/DVD was correctly burned?

Try doing an md5checksum on all the files on the disc.  If there are disc
errors, these will error out.  (I have a burner that has been far too
picky lately.)

If you are burning an iso, there should be a checksum compare in the
program. (I use k3b.)

Burning video DVDs is where I have the most problems with bad burns.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25