OT - how to size/match multiple databases/apps for a single server

Hi List;

I have a client looking to host/co-locate multiple databases/apps per server.
I did some co-location work several years back with one of the bigger telco's
and remember there were dire consequences for not carefully evaluating the
expected resource usage of each database/app and matching apps based on some
common sense (i.e. match a memory intensive app with a CPU intensive app)

My question is:
Does anyone have any templates, guidelines, thoughts, etc with respect to how
to eval and match apps for a single server. Such as a checklist of resource
items to look at and guidelines per how to line up apps that should play
nicely together?

Thanks in advance...