Re: Open Office Problem

David G. Miller wrote:

> Open Office has suddenly decided that the file open dialogue box should
> freeze the program. Since it's been several days since the last OO
> update and I've edited several files in the mean time, I'm guessing
> something else has broken and is causing the problem. I just have no
> idea of what that would be.

rpm -Va will verify all files installed through RPMs on your system. This
will take a while.

You *can* expect this to throw up a number of files. Some will be config
files that you've changed. Some (especially on a 64-bit machine) will be
as a result of oddities in Fedora's support for both i386 and x86-64 [1]
in the same install.

You will get a few messages about prelink -- you can ignore these.

You'll get output looking rather like:
SM5...GT c /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

man rpm says
       S file Size differs
       M Mode differs (includes permissions and file type)
       5 MD5 sum differs
       D Device major/minor number mismatch
       L readLink(2) path mismatch
       U User ownership differs
       G Group ownership differs
       T mTime differs

If you get a lot where merely the mTime differs, you may want to pipe the
output through grep -v .......

Hope this helps,

James.

[1] Or the PowerPC equivalents...
--
E-mail:     james@ | The betting public are on average complete idiots (see
aprilcottage.co.uk | also lotteries for examples) and are uniformly