Re: Open Office Problem

Mogens Kjaer
>> When it is frozen, can you open a terminal window and
>> issue the following commands:
>>
>> df
>> mount
>>
>> Do they hang as well?

David G. Miller:
> I didn't try either of those but the system seemed to be normal
> otherwise.  That is, I was able to use Firefox for web access,
> Thunderbird for reading e-mail, etc.  I doubt if the disk was frozen
> since my work-around worked: double click on a file icon, edit the file,
> save the file.

If you had network mount points in your homespace, and they weren't
currently available, you'd hang for a long time on anything trying to
read the directory of your homespace (such as the file requester in OO,
listing the homespace, checking the free space on drives, etc.).  But
applications which don't do such things, such as Firefox and
Thunderbird, would work fine.

I read messages from the public lists.