Re: How to encrypt and burn to dvdr my home dir?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:10:15AM +1800, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I was hoping for something that would create a loop back image in
> the form of a file that I could just mount and backup the files to ,
> maintaining perms and datetimes - then burn to a cd, which I could
> mount and then mount the encrypted fs from.

Oh, well, why didn't you say so?

There are several encrypted file systems available for Linux. You
could simply put your home directory on one.

I don't know if there is any way to build a CD/DVD with an encrypted
version of the ISO file system. I think that would be useful for
distributing data with some security. A bit of googling should turn
something up.

> I will settle for just taring and burning to a regular dvdr.

Good luck.