Re: How does FC run on Dell Insiration?

I have an Inspiron 9400. So far I have the wireless card, a Broadcom
Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI card, working and the ATI
X1400 Mobility graphics card working. I had to use ndiswrapper for the
wireless card but that doesn't seem to cause any problems. I have to
use the fglrx driver from ATI for the graphics card. This is a minor
annoyance because it doesn't support compviz. Also, the livna package
didn't install the driver properly and I had to manually add in some
links. If I did it again, I would try to get an Nvidia card.

Note that you may or may not get the same hardware if you buy an
Inspiron. You have to specifically request certain hardware. I used
Dell's chat function to talk to an agent who  walked me through the
whole process. He was able to supply me with hardware that wasn't
available to choose on their web site.

charlie