Re: Or, I'd buy an HP ZD8000- How's it work with Fedora?

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 23:11 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> While I was considering buying a Dell laptop on ebay, I foud a decend
> HP ZD8000 for sale. Anybody use Fedora with this? How's it run, and is
> there anything that I should know?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
Let me share my prejudice. My former university buys only Dells. The CS
department has about 60 Dells that run Windows and Linux for over a
decade with minimum problems. I f someone vouches for the HP fine but
the Dell I am pretty sure will work. By the way it has not been the same
Dells running Linux for the decade so we are probably talking of more
than 200 machines during that time period.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>